Canale di Cannaregio
Sunday March 24, 2019

Canale di Cannaregio

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Is the largest and busiest of the channels connecting the lagoon with the Grand Canal and is crossed by two bridges, one of Cannaregio or delle Guglie (1580) so called for the 4 obelisks that decorate it and three arches bridge  of 1688. The Canal is lined with the chiesa di s. Giobbe, in Gothic-Renaissance, 1493, and the grandiose Palazzo Labia, which contain in the salon the frescoes Antony and Cleopatra by Giambattista Tiepolo. Current regional headquarters of RAI, is considered one of the finest examples of a global restoration of a building.