Sightseeing
Tuesday December 12, 2017

Get to know Venice

The sidewalk ("fondamenta", as it is called in Venice) delle Zattere along the Giudecca Canal, owes its name to large rafts carrying timber along the…
Here were represented for the first time La traviata, the Emani and Rigoletto  by g. Verdi. Built by g. Selva in 1790, it has a…
The building, built from 1517 to 1527, is located to the left of the Church and retains the original painted decoration. And the most famous…
It was built by Dalmatian community at the beginning of the 16th century (the schools were erected by associations or confraternities as venue and meeting).…
Founded by the Franciscans in the 13th century, was rebuilt in Gothic style between 1443 and 1338. Its bell tower is the tallest in Venice…
Work of Longhena, was dedicated in 1630 to the Virgin for the liberation from the plague. It has an octagonal shape, the central section is…
Pietro Lombardo masterpiece, is one of the most characteristic monuments of Venetian architecture dating from the 15th century. Inside, a carved wooden ceiling, Madonna with…
Is the most beautiful and majestic basilica of Northern Italy. In the precious facade, come together in harmonious synthesis styles Romanesque, Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance. The…
Patrician residence dating from the 18th century, designed by Longhena, is today, a beautiful Museum with art and venetian costume  both of eighteenth century. In…
Designed by Longhena, has a magnificent facciatabarocca with loggias on the first and second floors, which create amazing perspective effects. Houses the modern art gallery,…
Residence of the Doges and the highest authorities of the State of Venice since 1000 ad, the complex, as it appears today, dates back to…
In this beautiful 15th-century building was born in 1707, Carlo Goldoni. For honouring the memory, the Palace has been turned into a Museum, and collected…
Is headquartered in the arsenal, the workshop from which came the ships of the Venetian Republic, and collects memories of the Italian Navy until the…
Is headquartered in the Procuratie Nuove and combines a rich pinacoteca (Paolo Veneziano, Giovanni Bellini, Carpaccio and others), collections of documents, coins, memorabilia and historical…
In Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, in addition to the Church, the Pantheon of Venice because there are 25 Doges buried, and the Scuola Grande…
The most lively streets of Venice, 300 m long, connecting Rialto to San Marco. Surrounded by the most beautiful shops of the city, is divided…
Since the times of the Serenissima, Rialto was the commercial heart of the city. Still today hosts a popular market, a succession of colourful stalls…
The island, known as seaside resort, thanks to the dry and thin sand and  its long beach and hotel complexes among the best-equipped, hosts the…
Popular suburb, the Giudecca island for years saw disappearing the gardens of vegetables on the front of the lagoon, for anonymous urban settlements. Exceptional artistic…
In 1516 the Venetian Republic imposed on Jews to reside in a lost quartier in Cannaregio district, called in  the Venetian term "gheto" indicating  the…
Outstanding collection of paintings, a must see for anyone who wants to learn about Venetian painting from its origins (XIV sec.) until the 18th century.…
Built on the Giudecca island in gratitude for the narrow escape from the plague of 1576, is a masterpiece of Palladian religious architecture. The facade…
Is the largest and busiest of the channels connecting the lagoon with the Grand Canal and is crossed by two bridges, one of Cannaregio or…
The vast area full of trees, with the Church of 1225, and the Bell Square Tower (Venetian-Byzantine construction of the XII-XIII century) is one of…
It's one of the larger "Campo" of Venice, surrounded by buildings of considerable merit: Palazzo Pisani (of the second half of the sixteenth century) rich…
The first "coffee shops" under the Procuratie Nuove date back to 1638. Ten years later there were twenty; small living rooms always open, frequented by…
Built in the 15th century, takes its name from the gilding, now defunct, that added glitz to the openwork of marble cladding. At the bottom…